The purpose of this workshop was to foster knowledge and experience exchange on the challenges facing research and innovation (R&I) in health and the life sciences and the role European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds) can play in managing these challenges. The following issues were discussed:
- Research and innovation in health – assessing needs and priorities for investments in R&I;
- The role of the ESI Funds in supporting these needs and priorities;
- Research and innovation in health – fostering synergies between different fund sources.
The workshop was carried out in collaboration with the beneficiaries of the project i-4-1-health and will feature this project supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
This workshop is part of a series of events organised by the ‘ESI Funds for Health’ project funded by the Health Programme of the EU (Jan 2017- Dec 2018) with the aim to:
- Gather knowledge on health investments by the ESI Funds across the EU;
- Build knowledge and capacities to support the implementation of the ESI Funds for health.
To register for our forthcoming workshops (e-health and access to healthcare) please follow this link.